Tuesday, December 26, 2017

The Bride

I know that nobody reads this blog, but it makes me feel better to connect with the outside world...sometimes.

It has been 169 days since she went to see what Jesus looks like, and if He needed any help.
This big ol' hooch is awful quiet now.
I know, "You will get over it, go on with a life."... I'm not so sure.
I'm a geezer that has been all over the world, seen and done a lot a stuff..some good..some not so.
I was never meant to be alone. 34 years with a wonderful wife that died in my office when her heart just stopped, and now, 17 years with a tough ol' broad that was as sweet as an angel and loved me as much as I did her.
The last buncha years she needed a little help, so I put on my caretaker hat and we talked more to each other than most folks in a marriage. Dreams, trips, kids, what happens if, can I get ya sumthin',
hey, I need a kiss, how'd ya do at the range today, how was your movie.

I know, feelin' sorry for myself.
Your prolly right...but damn I miss her so.

The bourbon might help...but then again who cares about tomorrow?

Take a kid shootin'...kay.

3 comments: